The experimental research of the group ended at the beginning of the year 2017.
Risks from chemicals are assessed on the basis of data on exposure, hazardous properties, mode of action and dose-response characteristics. For hazardous compounds with genotoxic, carcinogenic or hormonal activity, e.g. lead, cadmium, industrial chemicals, mycotoxins and xenoestrogens, we have conducted experimental studies to characterize potency in vitro and in vivo. We have developed sensitive methods for analysis of selected chemicals in biological fluids (biomonitoring) and applied these to characterize human exposure. Thus, we aimed at an improved data base for the toxicological evaluation of chemical risks.
- Effect characterization for selected compounds and mixtures
- Human Biomonitoring – Exposure assessment
- Toxicological risk evaluations
- Dr. Nurshad Ali, Shahjalal University of Science and Technology, Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Prof. Dr. Nursen Basaran, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Yalcin Duydu, Ankara University, Ankara, Turkey
- Prof. Dr. Hans Humpf, University Münster, Germany
- Dr. Katherine Muñoz, Universität Koblenz Landau, Germany