The ethical aspects of IfADo’s research are supervised by an ethics commission, which was appointed by the board of the research association. The ethics commission observes the rules and ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects based on the revised World Medical Association’s Declaration of Helsinki. The commission and its members act autonomously and are not bound by any directive. The commission supports IfADo scientists by offering advice and by evaluating ethical and legal aspects of their experimental designs concerning humans.
- Michael Falkenstein, Prof. em. Dr. med. (Head of ethics commission)
- Barbara Griefahn, Univ.-Prof. em. Dr. med. (Deputy head of ethics commission)
- Hans-Martin Prager, Dr. med. Dipl. Chem.
Institute of Occupational, Social and Environmental Medicine Castrop-Rauxel
- Gerlinde Schlicker, Dr. jur.
Head of administration, TU Dortmund, Dezernat 1
- Michael C. Truß, Prof. Dr. med.
Chairman of Department of Urology at Klinikum Dortmund
Documents for good scientific practice
Request for approval of IfADo’s Ethics Committee