For an implementation of current and application-related research findings IfADo provides knowledge transfer into political practice. On the one hand the IfADo makes fundamental insights available for the public and on the other hand poliy can take decisions responsibly.
The institute advises not only national committees, but also increasingly international and political institutions.
- Consulting of the Federal Government through membership in the Senat Commission of the German Research Foundation (DFG), examination of harmful occupational substances (“MAK-Kommission”)
- Consulting of the Federal Government through membership (chairperson: Prof. Dr. Jan G. Hengstler, IfADo) in the Senat Commission on Food Safety of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
- Member of the consulting commission of the Society of Toxicology (GT)
- Secretary General of the German Society of immunology (DGfI)
- Member of the German National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina, Section Psychology ans Cognitive Sciences
- Cooperation with the Committees “Ergonomic principles” and “Biomechanic” of the DIN Standards Committee Ergonomics
- Consulting of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (BMAS); Committee for Hazardous Substances (Unterausschuss III, AGS)
- Consulting of the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO)