History

1912

Foundation in Berlin as Kaiser-Wilhelm-Institut für Arbeitsphysiologie

1929

Relocation to Dortmund in order to be near to the steal- and mining industry

1946

Evacuation and destruction during World War II. After the war transformation into the Max-Planck-Institut für Arbeitsphysiologie

1967

Partition into the Max-Planck-Institut für Systemphysiologie and the newly founded Institut für Arbeitsphysiologie an der Universität Dortmund – IfADo

1970

Laying of the foundation stone at the Ardeystraße

1977

Added on to the „Blaue Liste“, today’s Leibniz Association

1987

Acceptation as „WHO Collaborating Centre for Occupational Health“ of the World Health Organisation

2009

Renamed  into „Leibniz Institut für Arbeitsforschung an der TU Dortmund“, in English: Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors